Huey Purvis Meaux (1929-2011): must-read full story on The Rag Blog:
Prior to producing Freddy Fender's USA-#1-hit 'Before the Next Teardrop Falls' (1975),
Meaux made his last Crazy Cajun radio show on KPFT, 1974 (great YouTube-find!)
Mo' Meaux below, a six-pack for your pleasure, slow start - furious finish:
* Big Sambo and the House Wreckers-'The Rains Came' ('61; written by Huey P. Meaux)
band led by Texas sax man James 'Big Sambo' Young.
* Jimmy Donley-'Think It Over' ('62 swamp-pop; written by Huey P. Meaux)
* Barbara Lynn-'You'll Lose a Good Thing' ('62 Jamie-label; producer Huey P. Meaux)
* Sir Douglas Quintet-'She's About a Mover' ('65 Tribe-label, producer Huey P. Meaux);
The original title 'She's A Body Mover' was considered too risqué for 1965;
Voor Nederlandse lezers: gecoverd door Andre van Duin als 'Moet Ik Lopen?' (ook '65).
* Roy Head and the Traits-'Treat Her Right' ('65 Back Beat, producer Huey P. Meaux)
* Ripp Tide-'Dynamite' ('67/68 Josie-single; producer Huey P. Meaux)
where to find this explosive Ripp Tide-song: LP 'Buttshakers soul party vol. 6'